Tips for posting better Instagram travel pics and stories
How to post a journey using Instagram, the most famous social network for images in the world?
WAYS TO POST A TRIP ON INSTAGRAM
There are many ways to post a trip on Instagram and to enhance a tourist destination or a hotel. The first thing to do is to choose the way in which you want to communicate the trip, if through the realization of
- photos, post, texts
- video, stories, reel, IGTV
This choice is mainly determined by one factor: the time available to us.
If we want to post a journey in the moment in which we are living it, surely the way we will choose to tell it on Instagram will be the video through the creation of stories and reels.
If, on the other hand, we want to tell the story of our journey, focusing on the sensations we felt and the places that hit us, then we will choose to create content in the form of posts with photos and texts to share with our followers what we have learned on the road.
HOW TO MAKE STORIES DURING THE JOURNEY
Telling all the stages of the journey through Instagram stories is the best way to actively involve our followers in the experience. The story of the trip on Instagram takes place through the creation of stories that describe the various stages of our journey:
- announcement of departure
- preparation of the suitcase and documents necessary for the trip
- departure to the destination
- daily story of the places
- hotel room tour
- account of the activities carried out in the place of the vacation
The advice is to publish a maximum of 6 or 7 stories a day every day. You can choose whether to publish them at various times of the day, after the individual experiences, or in the evening as a summary of what you have tried. To engage your followers ask for advice and feedback through
- opinion poll
- animated gifs or stickers
- question box
- use of destination hashtags
WHICH PHOTOS SELECT TO POST A TRIP ON INSTAGRAM
Instagram is an image-based social network and having beautiful photographs helps in generating interactions with followers. To attract attention, here are some tips:
- create an interesting gallery by sharing particular photos that convey your point of view while traveling
- create a homogeneous feed, with photos that are harmonious with each other and that follow a sequential order either horizontally or vertically
- uses filters and presets to arrange the light in the images and make them homogeneous with each other
HOW TO WRITE TEXTS TO POST A TRIP ON INSTAGRAM
Instagram gives you the opportunity to combine your photos with text. To post about your journey on Instagram, here are some tips for writing effective texts:
- write concise and effective captions: unlike Facebook, Instagram is a social network with a more visual and immediate impact
- grab attention with a title. To start telling a place, find a title for your caption that summarizes the concept you want to express in the message
- tell your emotions, your point of view makes the trip unique
- share curious stories and anecdotes
- tag the destination, hotel or tourism organization that welcomed you or interacted with during your trip
If you liked this article or want to see some practical examples to start telling your journey on Instagram, I invite you to follow my Instagram channel
If you have any doubts or questions, please leave a comment or contact me for other advice.